The Cape May County bizHub is here to answer questions, offer guidance, and help entrepreneurs navigate an often-dizzying array of existing resources, from start-up planning and funding programs to education and training options. For those interested in exploring on their own, here is a selection of resource links:
Business and Entrepreneurial Training and Education at Atlantic Cape
Entrepreneurial Professional Series at Atlantic Cape
Part of Atlantic Cape Community College’s Professional Series Program, this series is designed for Entrepreneurs looking to develop their skills. Students receive a certificate of completion and credits can be applied to degree programs. Sign-up through Atlantic Cape’s standard registration process. Four classes (13 credits):
- BUSN104: Entrepreneurship (3 Credits)
- BUSN101: Introduction to Business (3 Credits)
- ACCT130: Financial Accounting (4 Credits)
- BUSN202: Principles of Marketing (3 Credits)
Online Small Business/Professional Training
Affordable and flexible six-week courses, each including 12 lessons, interactive quizzes, assignments, and tutorials, can be self-paced or instructor-led. Students receive a certificate of completion, and multiple classes are offered that specifically target start-up businesses, as well as:
- Entrepreneurship Suite bundling three courses:
- Accounting I & II, Accounting with QuickBooks
- Effective Selling & Sales Skills
- Online Marketing Communications
- Social Media in Business
- Supply Chain & Distribution and Logistics Management
ACCESS THE FULL ONLINE CATALOG
Entrepreneurial Training Workforce Development Programs
Affordable courses offered as single-day: 3-hour courses at Cape May County Campus.
Previous programs have included:
- Professional Training for Your Business
- Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Team Leadership & Team Building
- Public Speaking & Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving & Time Management
- And so much more…
- Professional Training for Your Business
Online Comprehensive Professional Development & Career Certificate Programs
For business owners looking to upskill their employees or new business owners and entrepreneurs looking to sharpen their skills, Atlantic Cape provides flexible in-depth training designed by a team of professionals from each respective field. Instructors/mentors actively support your online learning experience, responding to any question or concern, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
- Entrepreneurship: Startup and Business Owner Management
- Business Coach & Professional Consulting Practice
- Advertising & Outreach Specialist
- Digital Marketing Strategist & Certified Digital Marketing Fundamental
- Certified Bookkeeper with Microsoft Excel
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt & Mastering Project Management with PMP® Prep
- Sales Manager
Small Business Resources & Partners
New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC)
Offers helpful articles, webinars, online & in-person workshops, and toolkits on topics including:
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Business Basics
- Marketing & Sales
- And So Much More…
NJSBDC Events/Workshops: Online and In-Person
NJSBC Blog: Helpful posts on wide array of business topics
NJSBDC New & Existing Business Tool Kits: Tools & Learning Modules for any stage of Business
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
Comprehensive small business information, including:
- SBA Partners
Provide business counseling
- New Jersey Small Business Development Centers (NJSBDC
- SCORE Business Mentoring
- Veteran’s Business Outreach Center (VBOC)
- Women’s Business Centers (local in Newark, NJ, Philadelphia)
- SBA Resources
- 10 Steps to Starting your Business
- Learning Center – free online courses: Plan, Launch, Manage, Market and Grow
- Ascent for Women – a free online platform for women entrepreneurs
- Boots to Business – an entrepreneurial training program for active duty service members, veterans and spouses
- T.H.R.I.V.E. Emerging Leaders Program – designed to accelerate the growth of high-potential businesses in America’s underserved cities
- SBA Funding Programs
- Investment Capital
- Disaster Assistance
- Surety Bonds
- SBA Partners
SCORE– Service Corp Of Retired Executives
- The Startup Roadmap: Your Guide to Successfully Starting a Business – free online course
- Google Digital Readiness Series – free four-module program:
- Get found online
- Reach More Customers
- Sell Online
- Work Remotely
- SCORE Business Learning Center – online learning paths for critical business topics, including:
- Startup Basics
- Marketing Basics
- Online Marketing
- Finance Basics
- Management Basics
- SCORE Business Resource Library – Searchable library with hundreds of free templates, guides, checklists, infographics and videos
BizHub Library, Research, & Media Center
BizHub Resource Library
Located with the BizHub office at Atlantic Cape Community College, 341 Court House South Dennis Rd, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
Collaborate, Communicate, and Develop. Physical shared and private media center capable of supporting your new or existing business with the professional facilities needed to help you thrive. Call or email to schedule use of the facilities below.
- Free wifi with open computer lab
- Virtual meeting capable private rooms
- Open & private collaborative meeting spaces
- Office desks with phones and basic office supplies
- Hold seminars/large meetings using entire computer lab
- Printer, fax, scan available
BizHub Physical Library
Curated Physical Library of some of the most influential books on running your business, changing your mindset, and improving your capabilities.
- Business Psychology
- Social Media
- Business Mindset/Lifestyle
- Effective Habits
Browse Our List of Available Books
Newspapers: The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Bloomberg, USA Today and more…
Magazines: The Economist, Forbes, Wired, Entrepreneur, Fortune, INC, Consumer Reports, Ad Week, Fast Company, Time
BizHub Research Databases
Research Databases at the BizHub: Coming Soon!
- Foundation Online Directory – Search & secure grants
- Lexis Nexis – Online business, academic, and information database
- Statista – Leading provider of market and consumer data
- Answer The Public – Search listening tool for market and consumer data
Recommended Free General & Market Research Resources
You’ll find a great collection of industry profiles that describe how industries are growing and changing, who their customers are, and what typical startup costs are. You should also check out their list of market research resources, sorted by industry.
Series of resources from business startup checklists to specific industry guides for food trucks, auto body shops, and home improvement contractors. It also has some helpful free online webinars on topics like social media marketing, franchising, and ecommerce business models.
Free daily business news and economic stories.
A nonpartisan fact tank that was founded with the mission of informing the public about the issues, attitudes, and trends shaping the world. They conduct public opinion polling, demographic research, content analysis, and other data-driven social science research.
Compare search volume patterns for various keywords and filter results by date, categories, and regions to view trending data. Google Trends also displays key headlines as points of reference on the trending graph.
This is a great starting point for data about the U.S. population. You can drill into the data and find out nearly anything you want to know about different locations and demographics.
Beyond population data, you can look at how much people in your industry spend.
A fantastic site for information on specific industries, like hiring and expense trends as well as industry sizes. If your target market is other businesses, this is a good place to look for data.
If you want to know what people spend their money on, this is your go-to source.
Offers free economic, demographic, and financial information.